What can I expect?
I am based at the Yew Tree Clinic in Bristol, BS9 which is a comfortable, welcoming setting and has Covid safety measures in place. We have a spacious, well ventilated room to meet in so you can feel reassured when we have our face to face sessions. To comply with Covid proceedures you will need to bring a face covering with you. I will meet you at the door and take your temperature and ask you to wash your hands. You may like to bring a water bottle and small blanket with you to ensure your comfort during our sessions.
Face to face appointments are available on Saturday morning. You can book directly with the Yew Tree Clinic on 0117 914 6645 or feel free to give me a call to find out more.
I also work with clients via Zoom which has enabled me to provide therapy to clients from the comfort of their own homes across the UK. This also means I can work with you if leaving home is not currently possible for you.
Our work together starts with the Initial Consultation. This lasts up to an hour and here we take time to begin the process of working together and to discuss the issues you would like help with. This session will include information gathering so I can better understand how you would like to move forward. You will gain an understanding of how the brain works in relation to your specific concerns and how our sessions will be structured. We will agree any key goals you would like to work towards.
After our Initial Consultation I will send you a welcome pack. This includes:
- A summary of the treatment plan we have discussed
- Useful information about my qualfications and organisations I am a member of
- A consent form
- Privacy and data protection information
- Payment details
- The time and location for our sessions
- Some useful hints and tips for good mental wellbeing
You will also be able to access my relaxation download free of charge which is a key component of your therapy. This is a 20 minute track that you can start using straight away, ideally before sleep.
Subsequent sessions are 1 hour, weekly. Each treatment plan is tailored to you and we work at your pace, these timescales are here as a guide only:
- Depression / Anxiety states - 9 to 12 sessions
- Straight forward phobia treatment – 3 to 4 sessions
- Stop Smoking session – 1 extended session lasting up to 2 hours (including Initial Consultation)
- Initial Consultation, Relaxation download and Welcome Pack - free of charge
- All subsequent sessions are charged at £65
- Stop Smoking is charged at £170
We all recognise the importance of managing health and wellbeing in the work place. Over 20 years of delivering change to a variety of blue chip companies means I am well placed to work with Corporate clients, offering individual, small and large group sessions tailor made to suit your team, culture and environment. Please get in touch to discuss your ideas.
Some examples are:
- Offering individual sessions to colleagues who need additional support at times of difficulty
- Group talks about how we respond to and can manage stress
- Drop-in relaxation sessions to provide a much needed opportunity to recharge the batteries and refocus
- Small group work over several sessions to develop resilience and coping strategies
Most recently I've worked with a high street retail banking client providing larger group talks about managing stress and smaller regular group relaxation sessions. Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and many have responded that they have appreciated this being available during work time, demonstrating the company's commitment to their mental wellbeing.
- I will work with you to develop a bespoke package that best suits your organisation, team and objectives.